A small and sweet skateboarding Chihuahua is up for adoption so she can scoot her way into a new home, Los Angeles County animal care officials announced Thursday.
The pup, Chiquita, was put up for adoption by her owner because of financial problems, and now she’s waiting at the Baldwin Park Animal Care Center, ready to show her skating skills to her new owner.
Chiquita’s owner told the staff that the 7-year-old pooch has an unusual desire to ride her scooter-skateboard whenever she can, department director Marcia Mayeda said.
Staff members describe the dog as shy and gentle, and she is being fostered to help her build confidence with new people.
"Chiquita is so comfortable on her skateboard," Mayeda said. "We're certain she will make the perfect pet for the right person or family."
The shelter has already gotten numerous calls about Chiquita, but anyone interested in adopting should still call 626-962-3577 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Chiquita's impound number is 4616472.
More Southern California Stories:
- Winds Push SoCal Wildfire Toward Palm Springs
- 11-Year-Old Girl Escapes Kidnapper in Wilmington
- 14-Year-Old Athlete Dies in Pre-Season Practice
- Forward Spread Stopped, Hot Spots Burn in Sharp Fire
- "I Was Dumbfounded": Man Diagnosed as Gay
- Alleged Boardwalk Driver Failed Sobriety Test
- OC Residents Win Water Rates Suit