Los Angeles police officers shot and killed a man Tuesday night near the intersection of Pico Boulevard and Bonnie Brae Street (map), an LAPD spokeswoman said.
The shooting occurred about 9 p.m. after officers conducting surveillance saw a man with a gun, according to Officer Rosario Herrerra.
The man died at the scene and officers were searching a nearby church for additional suspects, who may have run inside, Herrerra said.
Streets in the area were shut down.
Refresh this page for updates.
More Southern California Stories:
- Body Found at Park ID'd as Young Father
- Chicago Church Sign in Response to Zimmerman Acquittal Sparks Controversy
- Garcetti: Verdict "Will Not Ignite This City"
- Men Sentenced for Fake Disney Pin Scheme
- Police Ask for Help Finding 21-Year-Old's Killers
- Nail Salons Urged to Ditch Toxic Polish
- Guava Fruit Flies Threaten California's Fruit Industry
- Ariz. Firefighter Remembered as "Proud Protector"