A 15-year-old Downey boy was in jail Saturday on suspicion of fatally shooting his father, authorities said.
Los Angeles County Coroner's officials identified the father as Efrain Gainza, Jr., 40, of Downey.
The shooting happened about 9 a.m. Friday in the bedroom of the father's home in the 8500 block of Fontana Street, authorities said.
"A son inside (the house) told us that he had killed his father," Downey police Sgt. Dwayne Cooper said.
The boy's name was not released because he is a juvenile.
More Southern California Stories:
- New Ordinance Aims to Keep Film in LA
- LA County Confirms 1st Flu Death
- 4 Arrested in Child Porn Crackdown
- Neighbors Say They'll Move If Rapist Is Released
- "Racial Bake Sale" at UCLA
- African-American Homecoming Duo
- 2 People Bitten by Pit Bull
- PM Forecast: Hot Saturday