The driver of a pickup truck rammed into the drive-thru of an Orange County McDonald's Saturday morning after driving off the side of a freeway, officials said.
The truck flew off the side of the Yorba Linda Boulevard offramp from the westbound 91 Freeway about 12 feet and landed in the Mcdonald’s drive-thru order board on Savi Ranch Parkway, according to a California Highway Patrol officer.
The driver of the truck was taken to an area hospital with minor injuries after the 1 a.m. crash, officials said.
The cause of the crash was under investigation, but a news photographer at the scene reported that the man told CHP officers he fell asleep at the wheel.
No other injuries were reported, but the 24-hour McDonald's had to close for an unknown duration.
More Southern California Stories:
- Man Arrested in Dog's Backseat Death
- Lawsuit Threatened in Tour Bus Crash
- Gang Member Wanted in Fatal Hit-and-Run
- Police: Couple Kills Man Over False Molest
- Babysitter's Son "Rigged" Room for Sex Crimes: Police
- Tour Bus Driver Blamed in Crash: CHP
- Ex-UCI Professor Gets 14 Years for Arson
- Man Killed While Changing Tire