A suspect in an attempted sexual assault at the University of California, Los Angeles turned himself in Sunday, authorities said.
Daniel Fernando Hoyos Isaza, 20, of Santa Clarita was scheduled to be booked into jail, according to a UCLA Police Department statement. He was not a UCLA student, university officials said.
Isaza was accused of grabbing a female student from behind and trying to sexually assault her near a residence hall about 2:30 a.m. Friday. Two witnesses interrupted the attack, and the alleged attacker fled the scene, according to a UCLA statement.
Surveillance photos of the suspect released by UCLA show a dark-haired man with a mustache. In Isaza's booking photos, he has no facial hair.
Anyone with information about the case can call UCLA detectives at 310-825-9371, reference #13-1706. To report an anonymous tip, call 310-794-5824.
More Southern California Stories:
- Deputy Involved Shooting in Castaic
- "Apologetic Bandit" Strikes in Mission Viejo
- Firefighters Battle Mulch Pile Blaze in Orange County
- Vote Could Force Owners to Sterilize Pit Bulls
- Woman Apparently Killed By Police Car ID'd
- 4th Killed in Santa Monica Plane Crash ID'd
- Firefighters Brace for More Red Flag Conditions