Less than 24 hours after they were hit by a car, Yasim Balci and her husband Mustafa were back at work on the Venice boardwalk.
Yasim was thrown several feet to the grass during Saturday's crash that left a woman dead and injured 11 at the popular tourist destination.
Aside from their bruises, Yasim Balci and her husband are OK.
“The car first hit the trash can and then my table and then me,” Mustafa Balci said.
The Balcis say the trash can probably saved their lives.
Linda Alvarez, a 75-year-old psychic and palm reader was standing next to the Balcis and was also hit.
Her granddaughter, Chelsea Alvarez, said she suffered broken ribs and was resting at home.
“She's good. She's just resting. She's sleeping right now.”
The crash left a woman dead.
She was from Italy on her honeymoon. Her husband was injured.
Police arrested the suspected driver on a murder charge. He was identified as a 38-year-old LA man who police sources said has had run-ins with Southern California law enforcement.
“We are lucky,” Mustafa Balci said. “Thank God, we are surviving. We could have died yesterday.”
More Southern California Stories:
- Newlywed Dies in Beach Boardwalk Crash
- Arrest in Fatal Beach Boardwalk Crash
- Vital 405 Fwy Off-Ramp Closes For Four Months
- Huntington Beach Police Fatally Shoot Armed Man
- Body Found in Burned Home After Standoff
- 4th Man Arrested in Ambush of Officers
- Police Convince Mom to Face Abduction Charges
- Deputy Allegedly Pepper Sprays Teen's Pizza