The victim of a car-to-car shooting on the 110 Freeway this week died on Friday morning, police said.
After the death, detectives renewed their request for help from the public to find the killer. Details about the Tuesday afternoon shooting remained scant.
Elroy Schneck, 41, was wounded at about 12:30 p.m. on Tuesday on the northbound 110 Freeway between Manchester and Florence avenues, police said.
On Friday at about noon, detectives were notified that Schneck died.
Police released a composite sketch of a suspect, and said the shots came from a black, four-door sedan. The make, model and year of the car was not clear, said Detective Lolita Deavila, the investigator on the case.
More Southern California Stories:
- Fireworks Victim: "Fire Came Straight at Us"
- Accused Teacher Was Asked About Relations With Student
- 8-Month-Old Child Left in Car Dies
- Pursuit Driver Surrenders to CHP
- Surfer With Shark Wounds Committed Suicide
- Woman Injured in Apparent Gas Explosion
- Paramedic Struck, Killed Responding to Crash