Plumes of smoke that can be seen across much of the South Bay Wednesday afternoon are the result of a blaze burning through an auto yard.
The fire erupted shortly before 5 p.m. in the 2700 block of Anaheim Street in Wilmington (map) and scorched more than a dozen vehicles, according to the Los Angeles City Fire Department.
Within an hour, crews gained the upper hand on the blaze and it appeared nearly extinguished.
There were no immediate reports of injuries, a fire official said.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
More Southern California Stories:
- Alleged Cop Impersonator Had Weapons Cache
- Rare Blue-Footed Booby Appears in LA County
- Schools Target Homes of No-Show Students
- Cleanup Crew Members Injured in Freeway Crash
- Children Plead for Justice After Mom's Slaying
- Crews Knock Down Restaurant Fire in Orange