A woman was in critical condition Wednesday night after being stabbed by a robber while working at a doughnut shop in Torrance, police said.
The attack happened about 2:50 p.m. at a Yum Yum Donuts near Prairie Avenue and Artesia Boulevard, according to the Torrance police department.
Working by herself, a woman was standing behind the counter when a man jumped over the counter and stabbed her multiple times in the torso, police said. He then grabbed an unknown amount of cash from the register and ran.
The victim was listed in critical but stable condition Wednesday night.
Investigators are trying to determine if the brutal assault was caught on surveillance cameras.
Further details, including the type of weapon and the victim’s identity, were not immediately released.
More Southern California Stories:
- Day Care Students Stranded By SWAT Standoff
- Gift Guide: Family Friendly Movies
- Lakers Hold on For Win Against Nets
- Women's Holiday Health Danger
- Snowy Slopes at Bear Mountain
- PM Forecast: Dry Thanksgiving
- World AIDS Day Concert
- Standoff: Hostages Released