Power was restored for Sherman Oaks residents Saturday night despite warnings an outage for some 1,400 customers may last through mid-morning Sunday, Los Angeles Department of Water and Power officials said.
The outage was reported just before 9 p.m. Saturday.
Officials said the power could remain out for 10 to 12 hours, but some NBC4 viewers reported having their power resume as early as 11:30 p.m.
The cause of the outage was under investigation.
The outage was within two square areas:
- South of Chandler Boulevard and north of Riverside Drive; east of Tyrone Avenue and west of Ranchito Avenue
- South of Huston Street and north of Valleyheart Drive; west of Hazeltine Avnue and west of Van Nuys Boulevard.
More Southern California Stories:
- Warner Bros. VIP Tour
- PM Forecast: Perfect Night, Cool Sunday
- Jordan Hill To Play More - Lakers
- AM Forecast: Lovely Fall Weekend
- "We Are Hurting:" TSA Agent's Wife
- Father Surrenders in Death Case
- Murder Charge for LAX Gunman
- Terminal 3 Reopens After Shooting