Police Tuesday asked for the public’s help to identify two men wanted in the death of a 21-year-old Victorville man.
Dejon Ward was shot and killed on July 12 at 12:45 p.m. in Arlington Heights as he was sitting in his parked car, police said. He found himself lost near Crenshaw and Venice boulevards and pulled over to look at a map when he was approached by the men.
Surveillance video, embedded below, shows a male driver parking a silver Nissan Armada SUV and walking away. Moments later, a passenger exits the SUV and walks in the same direction as the driver.
Some 6 seconds later, according to a timestamp on the video, the pair is seen running back to the SUV and they drive away.
After the shooting, the victim's bullet-riddled car crashed near near Bronson Avenue and Venice Boulevard, police said.
Authorities could not confirm what prompted the shooting. Initial reports suggested the men may have fought before the deadly incident, though LAPD could not confirm if those reports were still valid Tuesday.
More Southern California Stories:
- Search for Missing Boy Continues on Third Day
- Claim Denied in Dorner Mistaken ID Case
- Police Remember Officer Killed in Crash
- Pet Store Ban Passed in San Diego
- Transgender Bill Awaits Governor's Signature or Veto
- Mobile Home Park May be Torn Down
- Crash Survivors Reunited With Families
- SB 215 Fwy Closed for at Least 24 Hours