Three children who were allegedly abducted by their mother were found safe Wednesday morning when a friend of the mother dropped them off at a Los Angeles Police Department station, officials said.
Authorities believe Nisshawn Murphy, 39, took her three children after a court ordered her to give up relinquish parental rights to two of her children last month, the Los Angeles Sheriff’s Department said Tuesday.
A friend of Murphy dropped off her children at the LAPD Southeast Division Station on Wednesday about 10:30 a.m., Los Angeles Sheriff's Detective Luan Dang said.
The three children, Matisse, 10, Bryan and Treasure, both 4 years old, are in DCFS custody, Dang said.
Officials have not found Murphy. She is expected in court for a custody hearing Thursday, officials said.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Palmdale Sheriff’s Station at 661-272-2500 or Palmdale Detective Dang at 661-272-2477.
More Southern California Stories:
- Kegs and Eggs at Wirtshaus
- #HowColdIsIt?: SoCal Weather Humor
- Hearing for LAX Rampage Suspect
- Autopsy Details in Walker Crash
- $75K Reward to Find Couple's Killer
- Morning Commute: 405 Fwy Shut Down
- At Least 8 Hurt in 405 Fwy Crash
- Wind Advisories in Effect as SoCal Temperatures Drop