Picnic Gone Wrong: Grill Explodes in SUV - NBC Southern California
National & International News
The day’s top national and international news

Picnic Gone Wrong: Grill Explodes in SUV

    processing...

    NEWSLETTERS

    An Orlando, Florida man and his wife were burned Sunday when the woman lit a cigarette, sparking an explosion of a propane barbecue grill being transported in her SUV. (Published Monday, Aug. 14, 2017)

    An Orlando, Florida, man and his wife were burned Sunday when the woman lit a cigarette, sparking an explosion of a propane barbecue grill being transported in her SUV, NBC affiliate WESH reported

    The wife lit a cigarette as they left a barbecue at the Central Florida Fairgrounds. The grill exploded moments later, police said.

    Police said the grill was turned on and the propane tank was open in the back of the red Kia Sorento as the couple left the barbecue.

    The blast caused the driver to crash into a pole. The vehicle sustained extensive damage.

    Read more from WESH

    Get the latest from NBC4 anywhere, anytime

    • Download the App

      Available for IOS and Android