Man Charged in NJ Bloodbath That Left 2 Kids, Adult Dead | NBC Southern California
National & International News
The day’s top national and international news

Man Charged in NJ Bloodbath That Left 2 Kids, Adult Dead

Three other people, including the dead children's mother, were being treated at a hospital for their injuries

    processing...

    NEWSLETTERS

    A social media posting might have set off the man accused of killing three people and wounding three others. Ida Siegal reports. (Published Monday, Nov. 7, 2016)

    A 26-year-old man with outstanding warrants on sexual and aggravated assault charges was charged with murder and other crimes Monday in the mass stabbing inside a home in Newark two day ago that left three people, including two children, dead, and another three injured. 

    Jeremy Arrington allegedly went to the home on Hedden Terrace Saturday afternoon, after one of the stabbing victims posted on social media that police were looking for him in a sex crime, and flew into a fit of rage. Essex County prosecutors said he killed 8-year-old Aerial Little Whitehurst, 11-year-old Al-Jahon Whitehurst and 23-year-old Syasia McBorroughs, a college student who had been visiting the family. 

    The 29-year-old mother of the dead children and two 13-year-olds, a girl and a boy, survived the attack and remain hospitalized in critical but stable condition, officials said.

    Prosecutors say Arrington fled the scene of the bloodbath after the attack.

    Arrington was taken into custody late Sunday after law enforcement found him barricaded in a home on Pomona Avenue, authorities said. He was charged Monday with three counts of murder and three counts of attempted murder, among other crimes.

    Arrington is being held on $5 million bail in Essex County. Information on an attorney who could comment on the allegations against him wasn't immediately available. 

    Newark Mayor Ras Baraka described the scene as stomach-churning. 

    A vigil was planned at the home Monday afternoon.