People driving by the home of one New Jersey resident can be forgiven for doing a double-take.
Roger Buchko of Lopatcong has designed a mailbox that resembles a giant Smith & Wesson .44 magnum revolver.
Mail is placed in a small compartment at the mouth of the gigantic gun barrel.
A semi-retired cabinet maker, Buchko tells The Express-Times that he got the idea from similar mailboxes he saw online.
Buchko is a supporter of gun rights, but said the mailbox isn't meant as a political statement.
Neighbors who are upset by the mailbox will have to deal with it, though, as the local post office will allow the replica box as long as mail fits inside.
More Weird Stories:
- Woman Loses $50,000 in Online Dating Scam: Deputies
- Burglary Suspect Flees, Runs Into Woman's House Naked: Deputies
- Woman Cleaned Cop's Horse Manure Voluntarily: Police
- Breakfast Surprise: Woman Finds Mouse Bone in Cereal
- Man Arrested For Spraying Bodily Waste at Cops
- Cat, Dog Fall from Same Balcony Three Days Apart
- Burglar Blunder: Man Slams Head During Robbery
- NJ Man Threatened Neighbor With Samurai Sword: Police