Ground Beef and Pickle Taco
The Ground Beef and Pickle Taco was created by Executive Chef Robert Luna's mother. Luna's mother would make this truly amazing hamburger with ground sirloin, cheddar cheese, kosher dill pickles, a spread of sour cream and mayonnaise and serve it on wheat bread.
One rainy day circa 1982, Luna asked his mother to make him her famous hamburger, but his mother realized she had no bread in the house. Luna was hungry and being the little angel that he was, started to throw a massive tantrum.
His mother, being the great chef she is, put everything in a crispy fried taco and said "Shut up and eat." And it was delicious! And that is how her famous Ground Beef and Pickle Taco was born. It is the most popular dish at Malo and Mas Malo.
GROUND BEEF INGREDIENTS:
- Sauté ground beef in olive oil (1/4 cup oil)
- Add all the dry spices and cook 5 minutes add cooked diced potatoes. Continue to cook 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from heat let cool on counter 30 minutes
- Heat corn tortillas and fill them with the beef and potato mixture
- Close both ends with a tooth pick.
- Fry them in canola oil about 2 minutes on each side
- Once cooked, place them on a paper towel, remove toothpicks and open
- Add cheddar cheese and kosher pickle chips.
Ok you’re done. Now shut up, and eat!