Weekend Dining: Missouri Mud Pie
Cupcakes are out; Mini-pies are so in
Cupcakes are out; Mini-pies are so in.
Missouri Mud Pie
- 1 Baked Graham Cracker Crust
- 4 Oz Unsalted Butter, melted
- 9 Tbsp. Cocoa Powder
- 3 Tbsp. Canola Oil
- 3 Eggs
- 3 Tbsp. Molasses
- 1 1/3 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 2 tsp. Vanilla
- 10 Marshmallows cut in half
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a medium bowl whisk the cocoa powder and oil until smooth. When smooth, add the melted butter.
- In a separate bowl whisk the eggs until light and fluffy. Add the sugar, molasses and vanilla. Stir until combined.
- Add the cocoa and oil mixture to the egg mixture. Mix until smooth and glossy.
- Pour the chocolate mixture into the prebaked graham crust and bake for 35-40 minutes. The top of the pie will appear crisp and the filling will have set.
- Remove the pie from the oven and cool.
- Decorate the top of the cool pie with the marshmallow slices. Place pie under broiler and brown the marshmallow slices.
- Pie should be served warm.