This is a popular Mexican dish known as Chilaquiles. The fried tortilla strips stay crisp in the tomatillo, cream and cheese sauce. It is usually served with a fried egg on top.
Good addition: Shredded chicken.
GREEN SAUCE INGREDIENTS:
For the green sauce:
- In a pot add water or stock, fresh tomatillos, tomatoes, chilies, cloves, salt and pepper.
- Cook till soft 30 min low heat.
- Place in blender minus the stock and juice.
- Blend while adding cooked stock till thick smooth consistency.
For the Chilaquiles:
- Cut the tortillas into triangles fry in shallow pan with 375 degree oil or table top fryer till crispy.
- In an 8inch pan add onions and oil and sweat slightly
- Add crispy chips to pan and add green sauce coat evenly
- Toss a couple times
- Place on plate
- Add fried egg on top
- Sprinkle generous amount of queso fresco
- Add more green sauce
- Add dollop of sour cream serve immediately.
- And Enjoy, Enjoy, Enjoy!