NBC4 garnered five Golden Mike Awards, including the category of Best News Broadcast - 30 Minutes or Less for the "NBC4 News at 11 p.m.," at the Radio & Television News Association of Southern California's 69th awards event in Universal City on January 19, 2019.
Veteran NBC4 Investigative Reporter Joel Grover was a presenter and also won a Golden Mike for an investigation about the lack of cleanliness at some hotels.
The station won five Golden Mike Awards including:
- Best News Broadcast - 30 Minutes or Less: "NBC4 News at 11 p.m."
- Best Weather Segment: "First Alert Weather with David Biggar"
- Best Continuing Coverage: "Along the Front Lines"
- Best Hard News Series Reporting: "The Puppy Mill and the Pastor"
- Best Business and Consumer Reporting: "Hotel Secrets"
For a full list of winners, click here.