The following content is created in consultation with the Progressive Los Angeles Boat Show. It does not reflect the work or opinions of NBC Los Angeles's editorial staff. To learn more visit Losangelesboatshow.com.
Whether you’re a seasoned sailor or just a novice looking to get your feet wet, it's never too early to start thinking about a new boat.
Luckily, the Progressive Insurance Los Angeles Boat Show — now celebrating its 60th anniversary — is here to cover all your aquatic needs.
Taking place February 25-28 at the Los Angeles Convention Center and Burton W. Chace Park in Marina del Rey, the four-day extravaganza will feature everything from entry-level family cruisers to million dollar yachts, plus the latest in boating, outdoors, and marine accessories.
All this, not to mention a host of hands-on demos, DIY workshops, and balloon art and other activities in the Kids Zone, makes the Los Angeles Boat Show a fun-filled event perfect for the entire family.
You can purchase tickets ($15 for adults, free for children 15 and under) right here. And to help you plan out your itinerary, let’s take a look at a few of this year’s highlights:
- Hundreds of Boats for Sale: From yachts to fishing boats, you’ll find your perfect vessel for 2016!
- DIY Workshops: Find out everything you need to know about boat and motor maintenance, plus upgrades and repairs at Fred’s Shed Interactive Learning Center.
- Sailing Simulator: Learn how to sail a boat through wind and waves without ever leaving dry land at the Sailing Simulator experience in Marina del Ray.
- Marine Entertainment and Electronics Pavilion: Check out everything a boater needs to upgrade, enhance and stay connected on the water, plus attend demos on low-cost, high-speed internet, autopilots and radar, wireless remote control for yachts, underwater LED boat lights, stereo systems, boat speakers, and more!
- Float-In Theater: Like a drive-in theater, this experience allows you to enjoy the boating lifestyle without even leaving the dock. Grab a seat and enjoy the sights and sounds of the water and boating lifestyle, all while sitting at the helm.
The Los Angeles Boat Show kicks off Thursday at noon at both the LA Convention Center and Marina Del Rey. For hours, tickets and a full list of events, click here. And don't forget to follow the latest updates on Facebook and Twitter.