Here’s how to apply for writing internships at NBCLA.com. Scroll down to the bottom of the page for information on broadcast internships.
Students interested in applying for a digital news internship with NBCLA.com may apply by sending a resume, cover letter and writing samples to Heather Navarro at: email@example.com
The application period for internships is currently closed.
Important: All applicants must note interest in working with NBCLA.com on resume and/or cover letter.
Who: NBCUniversal interns must meet the following criteria:
- In pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor or Graduate degree at an Accredited Institution and be able to provide documentation to confirm your degree progress.
- Current class standing of sophomore or above (30 credits)
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the U.S. without a visa or sponsorship
- Needs to be able to work on-site in Universal City, CA
- Internships at NBCUniversal are paid and do not require course credit
- Deadline: Interested applicants are encouraged to apply by Feb. 14, 2020
- Summer Program Dates: June – August 2020
- Experience working with a campus newspaper and AP Style
- Experience working in a content management system, like WordPress
- Bilingual proficiency in Spanish (writing and speaking. Interns who can write in Spanish have an opportunity to also write for Telemundo52.com.
When: Spring and fall interns are scheduled about 20 hours per week (summer session ranges from up to 40 hours), depending on availability. We offer three internship periods: spring, summer and fall.
Where: The NBCLA.com digital team is based in the NBCLA newsroom, located in the Brokaw News Center at 100 Universal City Plaza, Bldg 2120, Universal City, CA 91608.
Please note that the application process above is specifically for digital journalists who are interested in writing and reporting for the website. If you are interested in a broadcast news internship, apply here for NBC4, and here for Telemundo 52.