NBC4 Responds: What to do When a Store Closes

Here are some tips and tricks to making sure you get your money back if a store closes without compensating you.

  • Send the company a letter. You can talk to the landlord or a neighboring store to get a forwarding address
  • If the company files for bankruptcy, the money gained first goes to their creditors and employees then the leftovers will go to customers who are on the record that they lost money  
  • To get on the record, you can file a claim with the Better Business Bureau or the attorney general.
  • You can also get on the record by filing a police report 
  • If you paid with a credit card, you can file a dispute with your credit card company to get your money back 
Contact Us