A fire that burned for more than seven hours Thursday morning ripped through the roof of a 100-year-old church building in Whittier.
The fire burning at the Good Shepherd Family Bible Church at 6712 S. Washington Ave. was reported at 4:10 a.m., the fire department reported.
So far no injuries have been reported.
Top news of the day
Members of the congregation said the church moved from Huntington Park to Whittier about 20 years ago. Parts of the building were still smoldering Thursday afternoon.
Details about a cause were not immediately available.