Enjoy more car-free streets this Sunday as CicLAvia extends its route through new territories.
"We wanted to highlight an amazing part of the city that a lot of people don’t know about," CicLAvia’s Executive Director Aaron Paley said.
CicLAvia will now include Echo Park and the Historic Broadway Theater District, Paley said.
Top news of the day
This weekend marks CicLAvia’s 10th event. Fittingly, the bike route is about 10 miles long.
No bike? No problem.
Whether you're popping a wheelie or just taking a stroll, all are welcome to take advantage of the opening of the public space.
For one day, those LA’s streets will be rid of traffic congestion.
"CicLAvia brings Angelinos together and allows them to experience their city in an unconventional way,” Paley said. "I hope this event gives people an appreciation for LA, a vision of how great it could be, and a path for how to get there."
- Glendale Boulevard from Bellevue Avenue to Beverly Boulevard
- Bellevue Avenue from Echo Park Avenue to Glendale Boulevard
- Beverly Boulevard from Witmer Street to Lucas Avenue
- 2nd Street from Beverly Boulevard to Alameda Street
- Lucas Avenue from Miramar Street to Beverly Boulevard