Firefighters rescued a dog and fitted him with an oxygen mask in a Camarillo blaze that sent two senior citizens to the hospital Wednesday.
Ventura County firefighters responded to a blaze in the Leisure Village area Wednesday, discovering two people who appeared to be hurt outside of the home.
Top news of the day
Bystanders had pulled the man and woman from the burning home — one was pulled from the front door, and another through a window.
While the good Samaritans were able to rescue the two residents, Buddy the dog was left inside.
Firefighters rushed inside and saved Buddy, breathing new life into the pup with an oxygen mask.
He was to be taken to a veterinarian for further evaluation.
The two residents were taken to the hospital. The woman was in critical condition, according to Ventura County Fire.