Drivers are advised to be prepared for President Obama's latest visit to Los Angeles Thursday and Friday.
The LAPD is recommending that motorists avoid the following areas Thursday because of expected traffic congestion:
- Sepulveda Boulevard between Lincoln and Century boulevards between 3 and 5 p.m.
- North Hollywood Way between West Empire Avenue and North Glenoaks Boulevard between 3:30 and 5 p.m.
- Sheldon Street between Roscoe Boulevard and San Fernando Road from 3:30 to 5 p.m.
- The area around Highland Avenue between the Hollywood Bowl and Sunset Boulevard between 4 and 6 p.m.
- The area around Ocean Avenue between Pico and San Vicente boulevards between 4 and 7:30 p.m.
- The area around San Vicente Boulevard between Ocean Avenue and 25th Street between 4 and 7:30 p.m.
- The area around Overland Avenue between National Place and Tennessee Avenue between 7 and 8:30 p.m.
- The area around West Pico Boulevard between Overland Avenue and Century Park East between 7 and 8:30 p.m.
- The area around Avenue of the Stars between West Pico and West Olympic boulevards between 7 and 8:30 p.m.
In Burbank, traffic will be affected on side streets as well: Thornton Avenue, Burton Avenue, Tulare Avenue, San Fernando Boulevard and Cohasset Street.
Top news of the day
On Friday, motorists should avoid the area around West Pico Boulevard between Avenue of the Stars and Westwood Boulevard between 6 and 8 a.m.
The area around Overland Avenue between West Olympic Boulevard and National Boulevard will be congested between 6 a.m. and 8 a.m. Friday, and the area from around South Centinela Avenue between Pico and Ocean Park boulevards should be avoided between 6 and 8 a.m.
President Obama is scheduled to leave Los Angeles at 10:15 a.m. Friday.