Fire Damages Nick Nolte's Malibu House

MALIBU, Calif. -- Actor Nick Nolte was slightly injured Tuesday while escaping an electrical fire that gutted his Malibu house, the sheriff's department reported.

Firefighters were sent to the 6100 block of Bonsall Drive about 11:35 a.m., said sheriff's Lt. Scott Chew of the Malibu/Lost Hills Station.

The 67-year-old actor, who was most recently seen in the film "Tropic Thunder," suffered a small cut to his right hand when he broke a window to escape the flames, Chew said.

Damage was estimated at $3.5 million, according to Chew, who said the fire was sparked by an apparent electrical malfunction.

The actor's publicist, Arnold Robinson, said there was no structural damage to the house.

"Mr. Nolte is grateful to the Malibu fire department and sheriff's department for their quick response and assistance," he said.

Contact Us