Los Angeles

Girl Rescued After Getting Stuck in Chimney of Inglewood Home

A teenage girl who got stuck inside the chimney of an Inglewood home was rescued by fire crews Wednesday.

Crews were called to the single-family house in the 11000 block of South Crenshaw Boulevard about 3:25 p.m., according to the Los Angeles County Fire Department.

The girl was breathing and conscious as crews on the roof broke up the masonry and freed her.

The soot-covered teen was extricated about 3:55 p.m. and did not appear to be seriously injured. It was unclear how she ended up in the chimney.

Copyright CNS - City News Service
Contact Us