A 13-year-old girl was stuck in a chimney in Santa Clarita for about 15 minutes Wednesday night before being freed by firefighters.
Firefighters responded about 8:30 p.m. to the area of Soledad Canyon Road and Rainbow Glen Drive, according to the Los Angeles County Fire Department.
The girl was freed at 8:46 p.m. and taken to a hospital to be examined, a fire department dispatch supervisor said.
It was the second time in less than a week that someone became stuck in a chimney in Los Angeles County.
A woman who locked herself out of her Pomona home Friday decided to use the chimney to get inside and ended up stuck for about five hours before a neighbor heard her cries.
She, too, was freed by firefighters and suffered only dehydration.