Southern California Edison warned that some customers throughout its service area could lose electricity due to so-called Public Safety Power Shutoffs as severe winds lash the region, heightening fire danger.
Under the program, power is cut to transmission lines in danger of being damaged by high winds in an effort to prevent wildfires.
As of 11 a.m. Thursday, about 83,000 customers were without power due to the program in Kern, Los Angeles, Orange, Riverside, San Bernardino and Ventura counties.
Top news of the day
About 223,000 customers in following areas were being considered for power shutoffs.
Kern County (8,734 customers)
- Unincorporated areas including Bear Valley Springs, Caliente Creek, Grapevine, Hog Canyon, Indian Creek, Kern County, Kern County, Lebec, Loraine, Mebane Ranch, Millersville, Stallion Springs, near Tehachapi along Willow Springs Road, Tejon Ranch, Twin Oaks, Twin Oaks, Wheeler Ridge, Wofford Heights
Los Angeles County (81,234 customers)
- Agoura Hills, Azusa, Calabasas, Covina, Glendale, La Canada Flintridge, Lancaster, Los Angeles, Malibu, Pasadena, San Fernando, Santa Clarita
- Unincorporated areas including Acton, Agua Dulce, Andrade Corner, Cantillas, Antelope Valley, Bell Canyon, Boiling Point, Del Sur, Canyon community, Canyon Country, Castaic, Castaic Junction, east of Castaic Lake, Castaic Valley, Caswell, Del Sur, Del Valle, east and south of Elizabeth Lake, El Merrie Dell, El Nido, Gorman, Green Valley, Gorman, Green Valley, Hasley Canyon, Hauser Canyon, Hauser Canyon, Indian Springs, Indian Springs, Jackson Lake, Kagel, La Crescenta, La Crescenta-Montrose, Lake Canyon, Lake Canyon, Lake Hughes, Lake Hughes, Lakeview Terrace, Leona Valley, Letteau Canyon, Liberty Canyon, Lincoln Crest, Los Angeles Forest Park,Lost Hills Drive, May Canyon Trail, Malibu Bowl, Malibu Hills, south of Malibu Vista, Michael D. Antonovich Open Space Preserve, Mint Canyon, Mount Disappointment, Mount Wilson, east of Ninetynine, Ninetynine Oaks, along the Old Road, Pacoima Dam Area, Placerita Canyon, Plum Canyon near Santa Clarita, San Francisquito Canyon, Sandberg, East of Santa Clarita, east of Santa Clarita, Santa Monica Mountain, Santa Susanna, Santa Susanna Knolls, Singing Springs, south of Stevenson Ranch, Sulphur Springs, Three Points City, Val Verde, Villa Canyon, West Hills White Heather.
Orange County (4,639 customers)
- Lake Forest, Orange
- Unincorporated areas including east of Irvine Lake, Irvine Regional Park, Modjeska, Orange Park Estates, Portola Hills, Silverado, east of Siphon Reservoir.
Riverside County (26,286 customers)
- Banning, Beaumont, Calimesa, Hemet, Moreno Valley, Murrieta, Perris, Riverside, San Jacinto
- Unincorporated areas including Aguanga Uni, Aguanga Valley, Arroyo Fairways, Avery Canyon, Badlands Landfill, Banning, east of Banning, northeast of Banning, Banning Pass including Cabazon, Bernasconi Hills, Butterfield Estates, Cabazon, north of Cabazon, northwest of Cabazon, Cactus Valley, north of Casa Loma, Cherry Valley, County Lake Mobile Community, David Mtn Road, Gilman Hot Springs, east Hemet, east Hemet, Hwy 79 Lambs Canyon Road, east of John’s Canyon, Fern Valley, Idyllwild, Lake Perris recreation area, Lakeview, Lakeview Hot Springs, Lancaster Valley, Lewis Valley, March AFB, Mas Canyon, Mobile Home Club, Moreno Knolls, North Palm Springs, North Palm Springs, Nuevo Uni, OWL, Pauba Valley, Pinecoves, Radec, Ramona Expy and the San Jacinto River, Rancho, Rancho CA Golf Course, River Park, Riverside County Unico, San Jacinto Valley, Soboba Hot Springs, Soboba Reservation, Sycamore Springs, Valle Vista Map 1, south of Valle Vista, Whitewater
San Bernardino County (44,150 customers)
- Calimesa, Chino Hills, Crestline, Crest Park, Highland, Rancho Cucamonga, San Berndardino, Calimesa, Crestline, Fontana, Rialto
- Unincorporated areas including Alessandro, Arrowhead, Arrowhead Farms, Cajon, Carey, Cedar Creek, Cedar Glen, Chaffey College School, Crestline, Crestline Lake, Del Rosa, Devils Canyon, Devore, Devore Heights, Glen Helen Regional Park, Hudson, Kendall, Lake Arrowhead North Shore, Las Plazas, Leona Valley, Lincoln Crest, Lytle Creek, Mentone, Morongo Valley, Mount Vernon, Muscoy, Nena, North Park, Oak Glen, Phelan, Rosena, Ridgeline Drive, Roosevelt, Serrano Village, Shandin Hills, Southern Morongo Valley, Sterling, University, Verdemont, Wildwood Park
Ventura County (58,520 customers)
- Camarillo, Fillmore, Moorpark, Santa Paula, Simi Valley, Thousand Oaks
- Unincorporated areas including Bard Reservoir, Bardsdale, Bell Canyon, Buckhorn, Burro Flats, Camarillo, Camarillo Grove County Park, Camulos, Cavin, South of Cavin, El Rio, East of Kevet, Fagan Caynon, Foster Park, Haines, Keith Oak Village, Leesdale, Limoneira, North of Mountclef Village, Ortonville, Point Mugu NAWS, Point Mugu State Park, Piru, Rustic Canyon Golf Course, Santa Susana, Saticoy, Santa Susana Mountains, Santa Susana south of HWY 118, northwest of west Saticoy, west of Saticoy, north of Seaton Hall Ave. and Foothill Rd, Sespe Village, Solromar, Somis, North of Strathern, Sycamore Cove, along Yerba Buena Road, North of HWY 126, Santa Rosa, Santa Susana Knolls, Solromar, north of Somis and Lagol, Wadstrom, Weldons