Vice President Joe Biden’s visit to Los Angeles to speak in favor of a minimum wage increase will create road closures around the city through Thursday, police said.
Rolling road closures due to the vice presidential motorcade can be expected in areas stretching from LAX to Beverly Hills to North Hollywood between Tuesday night and Thursday, according to the LAPD.
Biden will arrive in LA Tuesday to speak about minimum wage at Bobrick Washroom Equipment, located at 6901 Tujunga Ave., at 1 p.m. Wednesday.
On Wednesday, drivers should avoid the following areas:
- Wilshire between Beverly Drive and Santa Monica Boulevard from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., and from 2 to 4 p.m.
- Wilshire between San Vicente and Santa Monica boulevards from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Laurel Canyon Boulevard between Moorpark and Vanowen streets from noon to 3 p.m.
- Southbound Rodeo Drive and El Camino Drive will be closed from Wilshire Boulevard beginning at 10 p.m. and continuing until 11 a.m. Thursday, police said.
- Tujunga Avenue will be closed between Sherman Way and Vanowen Street from 12:45 p.m. to 2:15 p.m.
- Wilshire between Santa Monica Boulevard and Beverly Drive from 9 to 11 a.m.
- Santa Monica Boulevard between Sawtelle and Wilshire from 9 to 11 a.m.
- Sepulveda between Lincoln and Century boulevards from 9:30 to 11:30 a.m.