Bryan Stow's Arrest History Revealed in New Report - NBC Southern California

Ongoing coverage of Bryan Stow attack and the lawsuit filed by the family

Bryan Stow's Arrest History Revealed in New Report



    Bryan Stow's Arrest History Revealed in New Report
    Bryan Stow, seen here with his son Tyler, was attacked March 31 in Los Angeles following a Giants Dodgers game.

    Newly verified information about Bryan Stow's checkered past resurfaced this week in a detailed Sports Illustrated article examining the recent downfall of the Dodgers.

    More: The Bryan Stow Investigation | Timeline: Bryan Stow Case

    "March 31, 2011: The Day That Damned the Dodgers," provides a deeply researched account of Frank McCourt's troubled tenure as owner of one of Major League Baseball's most storied franchises. The piece, available online and in the Aug. 29 issue, also revisits Stow's criminal history.

    Writer Lee Jenkins tracked down Santa Cruz County court records that show Stow was arrested three times between October 1989 and July 1990, once on suspicion of domestic violence and twice for DUI. Police reportedly found marijuana and cocaine in his car during the second DUI arrest, according to the court records.

    Details of Stow's past had been rumored for months in online postings and comments. On May 22, the Stow family addressed the allegations on the family website, noting that the transgressions occurred more than two decades earlier.

    "Bryan was not perfect...nobody is," wrote the family. "In the 20 years since, Bryan turned his life around; became a father and settled into a career of helping people. Regardless of his history, he in no way deserved this. His children most certainly did not deserve it."

    Four days later, the LA Weekly reported on an anonymous tipster's account of the court records. The SI article provides first-hand details from those records.

    Also revealed in the Sports Illustrated article are County-USC Medical Center documents indicating that "a nonresponsive 42-year-old man who'd been assaulted in an altercation at Dodger Stadium on March 31, 2011, was admitted with a .176 blood alcohol content, more than twice the legal limit in California."

    Stow, who was transferred from LA to San Francisco General Hospital in May, is currently in serious condition. A Monday post on the family's website indicates Stow has a urinary tract infection and a staph infection.

    The 42-year-old Santa Cruz paramedic and a father of two was beaten in the parking lot of Dodger Stadium on baseball's Opening Day, March 31, 2011. He suffered brain injuries and has remained hospitalized ever since.

    The suspects in the case -- Louie Alex Sanchez, 29, and Marvin Eugene Norwood, 30 -- have both pleaded not guilty to felony charges that include mayhem, assault and battery. The pair were arrested in Rialto in July.