The more than 9,200-acre Canyon Fire 2 in the Anaheim Hills was 90 percent contained Monday, one week after it broke out, authorities said.
The blaze destroyed 25 structures and damaged 55 more and at one point threatened some 3,500 others, according to CalFire.
Minimal fire behavior was observed throughout Sunday, officials said. A Red Flag Warning was issued through noon Sunday but there was no significant fire activity and 677 firefighters were able to make extensive progress through the weekend at building and improving containment lines.
The 241 toll road, which had been closed in both directions between the 91 Freeway and Santiago Canyon Road, was partially re-opened in both directions Friday. The southbound 241 off-ramp to Santiago Canyon Road and the northbound 241 on-ramp to Santiago remained closed.
All evacuation orders were lifted by 5 p.m. Wednesday, and several local schools and colleges that closed earlier in the week were open for business by Thursday.
Santa Ana Canyon Road between Woodcrest and Gypsum Canyon roads in Anaheim remains closed.
Four minor injuries were reported in the fire, including two firefighters who suffered minor smoke inhalation, according to CalFire.
The blaze erupted Monday about a mile from the area scorched by the previous Canyon Fire, which blackened more than 2,600 acres and took more than a week to contain. The new fire initially broke out near the 91 Freeway east of Gypsum Canyon Road, near the Coal Canyon flashpoint of September's Canyon Fire, according to the OCFA.
The House of Representatives approved funding Thursday for wildfire efforts in California, according to Rep. Mimi Walters, R-Irvine. The bill approved $576.5 million for firefighting efforts in the state, her office said.