A traffic collision that left a Los Angeles police officer injured shut down the connector between the eastbound 10 and the northbound 110 freeways Tuesday morning.
The Los Angeles Police Department officer was injured in a crash that called firefighters to the scene just before 8 a.m.
One person was transported to a hospital, Los Angeles Fire Department spokeswoman Katherine Main said, though it wasn’t clear if that was the police officer.
LAFD email alerts reported a collision between a car and a motorcycle had occured in the area, and that the adult male rider of the motorcycle was transported in fair condition with non-life threatening injuries.
NBC4 was waiting to hear from LAPD regarding the condition of the officer.
The busy connecter southwest of downtown LA (map) was shut down at about 8 a.m., according to the California Highway Patrol, which advised using Hoover Street to access the area.
View LAPD Officer Injured in Crash in a larger map
More Southern California Stories:
- $10K Reward Offered For ID of Carjacker
- Family Tied Up in OC Home Invasion: Victim
- Man Poses as Nurse, Steals Medical Supplies
- Silver Fire Reaches Full Containment
- Police Seek Up-Skirt Photographer in LA Mall
- "Factually Innocent" Teacher Fights For Career
- "Mega Mansions" Upset Beach Town Residents
- Dog-Walking Woman Attacked by Pit Bulls