More Bill Cosby Accusers Speak Out - NBC Southern California

More Bill Cosby Accusers Speak Out

Cosby, 77, has steadfastly refused to answer questions about the sex abuse allegations.

    processing...

    NEWSLETTERS

    New Bill Cosby Accusers Come Forward, Detail Alleged Assaults

    Three women came forward Wednesday claiming they were sexual assault victims of Bill Cosby. Kathy Vara reports for the NBC4 News at 5 on Wednesday, Dec. 3, 2014. (Published Wednesday, Dec. 3, 2014)

    Three more women came forward Wednesday saying they were sexually assaulted by Bill Cosby.

    Their attorney Gloria Allred called on Cosby to waive the statute of limitations and allow the women to have their day in court.

    The women spoke through tears, often stopping to compose themselves as they described their alleged encounters with Cosby back in the 1970s and 80s.

    "I believe Mr. Cosby drugged and sexually assaulted me that night," said Beth Ferrier, who gave testimony in a lawsuit that was settled.

    The aspiring model and actress who had an extramarital affair with Cosby in the 80s claims the entertainer drugged her.

    "The next thing I knew hours had passed and I woke up in the back of my car alone," she said. "My clothes were a mess and my bra was undone."

    A California women identified only by her first name Chelan said she was 17 years old and an aspiring model when Cosby offered to introduce her to someone from the Ford Modeling Agency.

    She accused him of assaulting her.

    "I had a cold at the time and he gave me a pill which he said was antihistamine with a double shot of amaretto," she said. "He was rubbing my neck."

    Allred said she has been contacted by many more women, too many to count, all wanting to tell stories of abuse by Cosby.

    "Justice demands accountability and if Mr. Cosby is found liable, he should be held accountable," she said.

    Allred presented two proposals for Cosby and his attorney -- waive the statute of limitations and let the cases be heard in court or place $100 million into a fund and anyone who claims she was a victim could appear before a panel of retired judges who would serve as arbitrators.

    Allred said it would be in Cosby's best interest to respond to the proposals.

    "The public deserves to know if Mr. Cosby is a saint or a sexual predator," she said.

    Allred did not set a time limit for a response to the proposals.

    Allred's news conference comes a day after a sexual battery lawsuit was filed by Judy Huth, a Southern California woman who claims the comedian molested her in a bedroom of the Playboy Mansion around 1974 when she was 15 years old.

    Huth's lawsuit states she became aware of the psychological damage the incident recently.

    Under California law, adult victims who suffered childhood sexual abuse can file lawsuits within three years of when they discover the abuse caused significant psychological trauma.

    In recent weeks, more than a dozen women have accused Cosby of drugging and sexually abusing them.

    Cosby's attorney, Marty Singer, did not respond to requests for comment on Wednesday, though Cosby's attorneys previously have issued statements characterizing some of the claims as previously discredited and others as untrue.

    Tweets sent from Cosby's official Twitter account on Monday and Tuesday thanked a pair of celebrity supporters, Whoopi Goldberg and singer Jill Scott.

    Cosby, 77, has steadfastly refused to answer questions about the sex abuse allegations.

    Singer has denied some of the accusations and said several of the women accusing Cosby have been discredited, but none of the claims have been tested in court.

    Since the most recent allegations arose, NBC has scrapped a Cosby comedy that was under development, TV Land stopped airing reruns of "The Cosby Show," and Netflix postponed a Cosby standup special.

    Numerous dates on Cosby's tour have been canceled. One North Carolina school removed the entertainer from an advisory board; another stopped awarding an online scholarship in Cosby's name.

    Cosby also resigned from Temple University's board of trustees on Monday, saying he "wanted to do what would be in the best interests of the university and its students."

    The Associated Press contributed to this report.

    Follow NBCLA for the latest LA news, events and entertainment:iPhone/iPad App | Facebook| Twitter | Google+ | Instagram | RSS | Email Alerts