This was a totally different Ballgame.
On Thursday night in New York City Lonzo Ball walked onto the stage as the No. 2 pick in the NBA Draft.
On Friday, he walked out to the mound.
Less than 24 hours after Ball was drafted by his hometown Lakers, the 19-year-old threw out the ceremonial first pitch at Dodger Stadium.
Ball made his first public appearance earlier in the afternoon at the Lakers' practice facility in El Segundo where the team held a press conference for the media.
"It's a lot better now that it's official," Ball said when asked how it feels to be a Laker. "It's very humbling. It's going to be fun."
Dodgers' owner and current President of Basketball Operations for the Lakers, Earvin Magic Johnson, was in attendance for both events and had noting but positives to see about the new point guard that has been compared to the "Magic Man" himself.
"Our players are going to love playing with him," Johnson said of Ball. "This is a great day for our organization."
A few hours after the press conference, Lonzo arrived at Chavez Ravine without his controversial father, Lavar. The top draft pick brought some friends and current girlfriend as he was given a tour of the stadium and the Dodgers' clubhouse.
— Los Angeles Dodgers (@Dodgers) June 24, 2017
Ball wasn't very nervous for the ceremonial first pitch despite the fact that others like rapper 50 Cent have embarrassed themselves in the past during the 60-foot toss from the mound to home plate.
Ball lobbed a pitcher high and outside to Dodgers' closer Kenley Jansen who donned an old school No.32 Lakers' Magic Johnson jersey for the first pitch.
— Michael J. Duarte (@michaeljduarte) June 24, 2017
Before he took his seats behind home plate for the game, Ball got the game started by ushering the immortal words of the great Vin Scully, "It's time for Dodger Baseball!"