What to Know
The deadline for tax return is Monday, April 15.
Each family or individual's tax forms vary.
It’s crunch time for tax season!
It’s that time of the year again when people start rushing to file their tax returns. Meanwhile other people already filed their taxes as early as they received their forms.
For some, it may be a very stressful month, especially when there are a series of documents involved in the process.
The deadline to file tax returns is Monday, April 15.
Below, H&R Block provides a handy checklist of what you need:
- Social security number or tax ID number
- For joint filing: Spouse's full name and social security number or tax ID number
Dependent Information (if applicable):
- Dates of birth and social security numbers or tax ID numbers
- Childcare records (including the provider's tax ID number) if applicable
- Income of other adults in your home
- Form 8332 (if applicable)
Sources of Income:
- Employed: W-2 Forms
- And health insurance form, if applicable
- Unemployed: State tax refund (1099-G)
- Self-Employed: Forms 1099 and record of all expeses
- Rental income
- Retirement income
- Savings and investments or dividends
- Other income and losses
Any Types of Deductions:
- Home ownership, charitable donation, medical expenses, health insurance, childcare expenses, and educational expenses (like student loan interest), or K-12 educator expenses.