As the destructive Blue Cut Fire continued to burn into Wednesday, scorching more than 30,000 acres across San Bernardino County, thousands were forced to flee their homes.
- Wrightwood: Mandatory evacuations were ordered for an estimated 4,525 residents in the entire city of Wrightwood by fire officials. Officials urged residents to take Highway 2 to Glendale and Big Pine Highway to Antelope Valley when evacuating.
- Wrightwood from San Bernardino County line to Jackson Lake
- Lytle Creek: Evacuations were ordered for Lytle Creek, a community of about 700 residents, a town that sits at the eastern side of the San Gabriel Mountains. Residents were advised to use Lytle Creek Boulevard heading south to get out of the area.
- West Cajon Valley: From Highway 2 to Interstate 15 and the community of Phelan.
- Interstate 15 area: Mandatory evacuations were ordered by the San Bernardino County Sheriff from Interstate 15 East to Summit Valley Road and all residents living south of Ranchero Road. West of the 15, West of Highway 395 and west of Summit Valley were also under evacuation orders.
- North of 138 Freeway, east of Sheep Creek, south of Phelan Road and west of Green Road, including the Desert Front Road area.
- Lone Pine Canyon
- Swarthout Canyon
- West Oak Hills: To evacuate the area, head north on Route 395, north on Baldy Mesa Road, north on Johnson Road or north on Sheep Creek Road.
- East Oak Hills: Residents should take Route 173 to Hesperia or Highway 138 to the mountains, heading east.
- Phelan: To evacuate, exit north to Bear Valley Road and head east or west.
- South of Bear Valley Road and East of Caughlin Road
Where to Take Animals
- Devore Animal Shelter at 19777 Shelter Way (Small animals welcome here as well.)
- Victorville Fair Grounds at 14800 7th Ave. in Victorville
- San Bernardino County Fairgrounds at 14800 7th Street in Victorville
- Apple Valley Animal Shelter at 22131 Powhatan Road
Where to Go:
- Jessie Turner Community Center located at 15556 Summit Ave. in Fontana
- Sultana High School was designated as an overnight shelter at 17311 Sultana St. in Hesperia
- Southbound Highway 395 at Joshua
- Highway 138 from Interstate 15 to Highway 2
- State Route 2 from LA County Line to Highway 138
- Highway 138 between County Line to Highway 173
- Old Cajon Boulevard north of Devore cutoff
- Lytle Creek at Glen Helen
- Beekley Road from Phelan Road to Highway 138
- Highway 38 to Lone Pine Canyon
- I-15 Northbound at I-215
- I-15 southbound at Ranchero
San Bernardino Mountain roads were gridlocked Tuesday afternoon as the fire raged.
- Heading east: Take the eastbound 10 Freeway to Highway 62 to Highway 247 and into the high desert, per San Bernardino County Fire officials.
- Heading west: Take the westbound 210 Freeway to the 5 Freeway to Highway 14 and into the desert, per San Bernardino County Fire officials.
- From the Valley to the High Desert: Interstate 10 East to Highway 62 North to Highway 247 North to Highway 18 West.
- From High Desert to the Valley: Highway 18 East to highway 247 South to Highway 62 South to Interstate 10 West.
Anyone with questions on the Blue Cut Fire may call (909)383-5688.