Women Identified in Suspected Overdoses at HARD Festival - NBC Southern California

Women Identified in Suspected Overdoses at HARD Festival

    processing...

    NEWSLETTERS

    Woman ID'd in Suspected Overdose at HARD Fest

    Tracy Nguyen, 18, was one of two women to die from suspected overdoses in separate incidents while at the HARD Summer music festival. Patrick Healy reports for the NBC4 News at 5 p.m. on Monday, Aug. 3, 2015. (Published Monday, Aug. 3, 2015)

    Two teenage women who died in suspected overdoses while at the HARD Summer Music Festival in Pomona Saturday night have been identified by the Los Angeles County Coroner's Office.

    Tracy Nguyen, 18, of West Covina died after attending the annual two-day festival. Another woman, identified as 19-year-old Katie Rebecca Dix of Camarillo, died of a suspected overdose in a separate case. Both women were found unresponsive at the Pomona Fairplex, which is on land mostly owned by the LA County government and managed by the LA County Fair Association.

    Autopsies for both women are pending, the coroner's office said.

    A 19-year-old woman also died last year after attending HARD Summer in Whittier Narrows.

    Woman Who Died In Suspected Overdose at Music Festival ID'd

    Woman Who Died In Suspected Overdose at Music Festival Identified
    A woman who died from a suspected overdose at the HARD Summer Music Festival in Pomona has been identified, Patrick Healy reports for NBC4 News at Noon.
    (Published Monday, Aug. 3, 2015)

    Following the women's deaths, LA County Supervisor Hilda Solis said she plans to ask the county to ban major music festivals on county property in a motion to be introduced at Tuesday's board meeting. 

    "I am deeply troubled that this is the third such death to happen in my district in the last year and a half," Solis said. "I will be introducing a motion at tomorrow's board meeting to explore prohibiting these kinds of events on county-owned land until we conduct a full investigation into this issue."

    The LA Times reported that Solis and Supervisor Michael Antonovich said they planned to ask for a full investigation to see if the festival was properly managed for the safety of attendees.

    Get the latest from NBC4 anywhere, anytime

    • Download the App

      Available for IOS and Android