2 Arrested in Burbank Front-Door Shooting

BURBANK, Calif. -- Two people have been arrested in the fatal shooting of a woman who opened the front door of her Burbank home to someone making a post-midnight visit, police said Thursday.

Armen Mangasaryan, 29, of Burbank, and Arpiar Tergalstanyan, 20, of Glendale, were being held without bail, said Burbank police Sgt. Robert Quesada.

Mangasaryan was arrested Wednesday night and Tergalstanyan was arrested early Thursday, Quesada said.

Quesada assured residents Thursday that shooting was not random and the public should not be fearful of a repeat shooting.

"Right now the motive for the shooting, it may possibly be a failure to repay a monetary debt, so that is the connection right now that we're looking at," Quesada said. "Also this is not a random shooting so we wanted to make sure we got that out to the public that the public is safe. There is a connection with our suspects and our victim."

The arrests culminated an investigation that began when the victim's boyfriend, who was in the house, and neighbors summoned police to the 4200 block of West Jacaranda Avenue about 12:20 a.m. Wednesday, Quesada said.

Arriving officers found the woman lying in the doorway of the home, Quesada said. She had been shot once and was declared dead at the scene.


Get Los Angeles's latest local news on crime, entertainment, weather, schools, COVID, cost of living and more. Here's your go-to source for today's LA news.

Arson investigation launched after fire burns historic South LA church for second time in two years

Shooting at taco truck in South LA leaves two people injured

"She opened the door, apparently after someone knocked or rang the doorbell, and she was shot," Quesada said.

The woman's boyfriend was questioned, but was not considered a suspect, he said.

At least two neighbors told police they heard a woman having a loud argument, then what may have been a gunshot, the Daily News reported. The victim had lived in the rented two-story house for just a few months, neighbors said.

The woman's name was being withheld pending family notification, said Assistant Chief Ed Winter of the coroner's office.

Contact Us