School District Warning: Beware Pot Candy Bars

A student and teacher were reported sick after eating a piece of a Hubby's Edible Bar

The Ventura County Office of Education sent a memo to parents Wednesday warning them about chocolate marijuana bars that contain hash oil. One student reportedly collapsed and was hospitalized after eating 1/12 of a Hubby's Edible Bar, which comes in several favors, each in six breakable squares.

One thoughtful student offered a piece of the chocolate to an unsuspecting teacher, who also fell ill.

Investigators for the Ventura County District Attorney's Office said the bars were purchased in Santa Monica, according to the Los Angeles Daily News.

Legally, people 18 years and older with a medical marijuana card can purchase the bars; however, the student rushed to the emergency room was only reported as being a teenager.

Hubby's Edible Bars have an online following on blogs and Facebook. Most of the reviewers agree that the bars are extremely potent. One user said, "DO NOT EAT ON AN EMPTY STOMACH. it lasted me a good 8-9 hours. i went to the aquarium though. it was really neat."

By the looks of the packaging, the label stresses that the bars should be kept out of children's reach.

Contact Us