The bar that served alcohol to the man convicted of killing Angel’s baseball pitcher Nick Adenhart and two others in a drunk driving accident last year has been ordered to shut down, it was reported.
Surveillance video presented during Andrew Thomas Gallo's trial shows Gallo and his stepbrother drinking for hours at the The Well Bar in Covina before the April 9, 2009 collision in Fullerton.
Covina City Council members have ordered the bar to close on December 2, the Los Angeles Times reported.
Local news from across Southern California
According to the Times:
Police were investigating misconduct at the bar when they received reports of more improprieties, including “Texas Hold’Em poker tournaments, nudity, prostitution and chair massages from the bikini-clad waitresses,” [Lt. Patrick Buchanan of the Covina Police Department] said.
In July, the department began conducting undercover operations in the bar and gathered enough evidence to charge owner Douglas Salviniski, 49, manager Angelo Capozi, 45, and six servers with multiple counts of operating or participating in an illegal gambling operation, Buchanan said.
The 23-year old Gallo was convicted in September of three counts of second-degree murder in the April 9, 2009 crash in Fullerton that killed Nick Adenhart, 22, his girlfriend Courtney Frances Stewart, 20, and his friend Henry Pearson, 25.
Jon Wilhite, 24, of Manhattan Beach, survived, but had to have his skull reattached to his spine, and Gallo's stepbrother, Raymond Rivera, broke his nose and wrist in the crash.
Following the accident, tests showed Gallo had a blood alcohol level of .19%, more than twice the legal limit.
Gallo faces 50 years in prison when he's sentenced Dec 10.