Eight people were hospitalized on Tuesday, including two children in critical condition, for apparent carbon monoxide poisoning at a Bell Gardens home.
Firefighters went to the 5500 block of Clara Street about 9:20 a.m., said county fire Inspector Scott Elliott.
Two children were taken to a hospital in critical but stable condition, Elliott said.
Local news from across Southern California
The other six people were taken to a hospital in fair condition, he said.
The source of the carbon monoxide was under investigation.