An East Los Angeles elementary school was briefly evacuated Monday morning as a precaution after authorities received reports of a gas smell in the boiler room.
Los Angeles County Sheriff's deputies, LA County Fire officials and gas company workers were on scene at Ford Boulevard Elementary School, where the smell was reported just before 8 a.m, a fire supervisor said.
Students were relocated to the school's field, then returned to classes, according to Los Angeles School Police Department.
Local news from across Southern California
A gas leak was found in the boiler room, but school police said it was not deemed a threat while utility workers repaired it.