Dozens of revelers were arrested in Hollywood before the clock struck midnight on Halloween, police said.
Between 25 and 30 people had been taken into custody by 10:30 p.m. Thursday, according to a watch commander with the Los Angeles Police Department Hollywood Station.
Most of the arrests were prompted by public intoxication, police said.
Local news from across Southern California
Compared to typical Thursday nights in the same time period, LAPD said they usually make between five and 10 arrests.
The incidents come as LAPD steps up patrols during the typically rowdy autumnal holiday.
“Unfortunately, Halloween has the distinction of having the highest number of child pedestrian deaths each year, and ranks among the worst for holiday-related driving under the influence (DUI) traffic collisions and deaths,” the department said in a news release this week.
Further details about the arrests were not immediately available.
Refresh this page for updates.
- 83-Year-Old Alleged Jewel Thief Arrested
- PM Forecast: No Chance of a Marine Layer
- Driver in Custody After Halloween Night Chase
- Haunted SoCal Air Force Base?
- Weekend: Breeders' Cup
- Halloween Weekend DUI Checkpoints
- 2013 Breeders Cup Preview
- ACLU Sues County Over Use-of-Force
- Body Parts Found at Water Plant
- Boy Who Shot Neo-Nazi Dad Sentenced