A man who allegedly dressed as a nurse to fool security personnel was arrested for stealing medical supplies from a Fountain Valley hospital, police announced Monday.
Roy Chi Wing Lung is accused of stealing from Fountain Valley Regional Hospital three separate times since May, his most recent alleged theft on Sunday, according to a release by the Fountain Valley Police Department.
Lung disguised himself as a nurse by donning hospital scrubs and a wig as he took surgical equipment from the hospital, police said.
Police arrested Lung as he was driving away from the hospital after one of the alleged thefts, during which security personnel notified police of his presence, the release stated.
Local news from across Southern California
A probation search of Lung’s Los Alamitos home revealed a hefty amount of surgical equipment and medical supplies, police said.
Lung was booked at Orange County Jail for commercial burglary, officials said.
More Southern California Stories:
- Silver Fire Reaches Full Containment
- Police Seek Up-Skirt Photographer
- "Factually Innocent" Teacher Fights to Rebuild Career
- "Mega Mansions" Upset Beach Town Residents
- Dog-Walking Woman Attacked by Pit Bulls
- CA Lets Drivers Park at Broken Meters
- Man With Autism Saves Grandma From House Fire
- Judge Rules Against LAPD Impound Policy