At least one man was killed by police officers in Santa Ana following the exchange of gunfire on Tuesday afternoon, authorities said.
Officers had approached a man after a call about a disturbance at a McDonald’s restaurant, according to Santa Ana Police Department Cpl. Anthony Bertagna.
The man then fled on foot and was shot in the 600 block of South Harbor Boulevard, where he died, Bertagna said.
Local news from across Southern California
No other information was available.
More Southern California Stories:
- County Workers to Be Fired Over Boy's Death
- Police Seek Bike Shop Vandal Caught on Camera
- Controversial Statue Remembers WWII Sex Slaves
- Citizens Call Out Alleged Rioters on Social Media
- Fund Created for Family of Girl, 11, Killed in Crash
- Filipina Stowaway Cat Needs Forever Home
- Step on a Crack, Pasadena Might Have Your Back