A barricade in the Garden Grove area Friday morning led to the arrest of a man wanted in connection with a fatal shooting in the city of Stanton over the weekend.
Leobardo "Banda" Valladares, 43, was holed up in a house surrounded by SWAT teams at Lampson Avenue and Haster Street for three hours until surrendering about 3 a.m., Orange County Sheriff’s Lt. Jeff Hallock said.
Valladares is accused of shooting and killing Francisco Salgado Torres, 48, of Anaheim, on Sunday outside the Oasis Bar, officials said.
Local news from across Southern California
Officials identified Valladares on Thursday. He was arrested and will likely be booked at the Orange County Jail.
Valladares was first named by authorities as "Leonbardo," but Hallock later clarified that his first name is "Leobardo."
More Southern California Stories:
- Pastor Accused of Sexually Assaulting Parishoners
- New Pet Oxygen Masks Save Cat
- Help Sought After Deadly Mexican Storms
- Grieving Mom: "I Lost My Son to Distracted Driving"
- Cheers to LA Beer Week
- 80-Year-Old Man Shot Dead in Encino
- Lawsuit Claims Teacher Abused Up to 15 Children
- Chino Police Pursuit Ends in Fatal Crash