There will be a number of vigil and prayer services Sunday throughout Southern California to honor and remember the victims of the Orlando Nightclub Massacre. All vigils are open to the public.
- 7:30 p.m. at the intersection of Santa Monica Boulevard and Holloway Drive.
- The vigil is held jointly by three gun coalition groups: The Brady Campaign to End Gun Violence, Women Against Gun Violence and the Violence Coalition of Greater Los Angeles.
- Participants are asked to wear orange to the event.
- 6:30 p.m. at 305 East 4th St.
- The vigil will include a walk to and from Sauccer Park, located at the intersection of West 5th Street and West Santa Ana Boulevard.
- 7:30 p.m. at Harvey Milk Park, located on East 3rd Street
- The LGBTQ Center of Long Beach will be present to offer supportive services. In addition, the Long Beach Police Department is working to ensure the safety of local LGBTQ facilities and gathering spaces, including gay clubs and Muslim mosques.
- The LGBTQ Center will be open at 2 p.m. on June 13 for crises counseling.
- 7 p.m. at the Baitful Hameed Mosque at 11941 Ramona Ave.
- The prayer service is hosted by the Los Angeles East Chapter of Ahmadiyya Muslim Community
- Muslim leaders will be available for comment after the service.