Los Angeles County Sheriff's deputies pursuing a driver Tuesday morning in the Palmdale area were involved in a collision on the 14 Freeway that forced lane closures.
The California Highway Patrol confirmed that lanes on the southbound 14 Freeway are closed at Angeles Forest Highway.
The pursuit began at about 7:20 a.m. at Palmdale Boulevard and the 14 Freeway in Palmdale after a report of a wreckless driver. Another driver flagged down deputies to report the driver, according to the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department.
Local news from across Southern California
The driver continued southbound on the 14 Freeway (map) before the pursuit ended in the Acton area, about 10 miles southwest of Palmdale. The vehicle went into a spin near Angeles Forest HIghway, and the driver was involved in a crash with deputies after he attempted to reverse toward a freeway exit ramp.
Aerial video showed at least six sheriff's department vehicles around the pursuit vehicle.The pursuit driver was transported in an ambulance.
Details regarding his condition were not immediately available.
Refresh this page for updates.
More Southern California Stories:
- Firefighters Defend Homes From "Wall of Flame"
- Lanes on 5 Fwy Reopen After Pedestrian Fatality
- LAPD Officer Shoots, Kills Pit Bull in Reseda
- Bicyclist Dies After Northridge Hit-And-Run
- Booking System Outage Delays Flights Across US
- Amber Alert Issued After Deadly House Fire
- LAUSD Admin Accused of Student Sex Crime
- Falls Fire Burns Near Homes in Riverside Co.